The Coughlin Group Founder and President Jeanne Coughlin was featured in the Crain's Cleveland Business September 2017 Family Business Feature "People person: Tackling tough HR issues unique to family businesses."
In the article, Coughlin covers critical challenges to family business, including structure, HR rules and strategic planning:
“Some of the things that are big challenges for family businesses are big challenges for all companies, especially small privately held ones, which is what family businesses tend to be,” says Jeanne Coughlin, president of The Coughlin Group, a consulting firm that has worked with family-owned businesses on business planning and management for more than 20 years. “The stakes are higher in a family business. It’s their family legacy, their family wealth and their family relationships.”
About Jeanne Coughlin, President, Coughlin Group Inc.
Since 1993, Jeanne Coughlin has worked with business owners and management teams to create clarity, focus behaviors and measure results. Her mission is to be a catalyst for the prosperity and success of privately held and family businesses.
• Certified Strategic Planning Facilitator, Peter Drucker Leader to Leader Institute
• Certified Stages of Growth Strategist & licensee of the One Page Business Plan System®
• Published Author: Featured Book Award from Harvard Working Knowledge Group, “The Rise of Women Entrepreneurs.”
• Certified Professional Certified Professional Behavior & Values Analyst
• Chapter Chair & Facilitator, WPO (peer advisory group for women business owners)
Jeanne serves on the Boards of Jumpstart and Mercy Hospital. She was chairman of COSE (Council of Smaller Enterprises) in 2004-2005 and former board member for GCP (Greater Cleveland Partnership), Team NEO, NSBA (National Small Business Association) and Leadership Lorain County. Jeanne is a graduate of the 2003 Leadership Cleveland class, and was selected as a Women of Note by Crain’s Cleveland Business. Jeanne was also recognized with the Entrepreneurial Leadership Award presented by Cleveland State University for her “dedicated work advocating on behalf of small business.”
Learn more at www.CGroupInc.com.